job summary: SharePoint Farm Administrator
The SharePoint Farm administrator works in the Department of the Navy ITD, and manages the function and activity of the Secretary's SharePoint software. The SharePoint administrator delegates tasks to SharePoint developers, provides support and guidance for the organization's SharePoint users, ensures SharePoint functionality, updates the software as necessary, and addresses and resolves any issues with the software performance.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the SharePoint Administrator:
- Monitors SharePoint software for any glitches or problems.
- Troubleshoots issues promptly.
- Delegates work to SharePoint developers.
- Oversees activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint.
- Manages and revises the layout of the site.
- Customizes SharePoint site for Navy purposes.
- Analyzes daily user activity on SharePoint.
- Maintains records of SharePoint updates, maintenance, and activity.
- Reports to company management with updates and information about SharePoint use.
- Provides technical support for SharePoint users.
- Addresses questions or concerns from directors regarding the function of the software.
- Keeps apprised of Microsoft updates to SharePoint software.
- Applies updates and patches to SharePoint farm as necessary.
- Holds training and informational sessions to teach employees how to use SharePoint.
- Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to a business's goals.
qualifications: Qualifications Minimum Experience:
- Bachelors degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
- High level of functional competency with IIS web applications
- 4+ years of experience administering and managing users, content, and sites in SharePoint
- 4+ years of experience configuring and administering Microsoft SharePoint Sites and Farms via Central Administration
- 4+ years of experience working with SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
- 2+ year of experience with SharePoint features including Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services
- 2+ years of experience managing Windows Server 2016/2012
skills: 1+ years of experience designing custom graphics and web pages for use in SharePoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.