Business Test Manager
Looking for a Business Test Manager with Banking experience for a six month contract with possible extensions. Candidates can work remotely from home in the eastern and central time zones.
CANDIDATE PROFILE DETAILS:
Degree/Certifications Required: Bachelor's degree minimum.
Years of experience: 5+ years of relevant working experience
Reason for request/why opened: Started a brand-new team, looking to bring thought leadership to team
% Interaction with Stakeholders: 100% interaction with management at executive level
Team Size: 40-50 project team
Personality Style/Team Culture: Strong communication skills, someone who can speak up, heavy interaction with management and executives
Selling Points of Position: we are forming a team and this candidate will be able to provide their input to build a whole new business testing team - also opportunity to become FT
Best Vs Average Candidate: Strong communication skills
How will performance be measured: Verbal feedback
location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Test Manager (Senior Level)
We're seeking highly experienced individuals that can support large scale program testing initiatives as well as contribute to the ongoing development and growth of our new Business Testing Center of Excellence.
Key Qualifications Include:
- Experienced individuals with the knowledge/experience to propose changes that align testing methodology to the latest industry best practices.
- Exceptional communication, influencing and partnership skills.
- Ability to train/mentor other testing partners in best practices.
- Work on highly complex projects or programs with minimal management supervision.
- Create and maintain the program test strategy, test plan and test Closure documents with the project team throughout the testing lifecycle.
- Manage and coordinate test planning and test execution activities to ensure results achieve documented goals and objectives.
- Document risks and provide timely escalation of issues, partner with the team to assess options and provide recommendations for prompt resolution.
- Partner with testing leadership to develop test estimates for resource planning and budgeting. The resource plan tracking and need for any resource changes is monitored monthly throughout the testing lifecycle.
- Produce test execution and defect metric reports. This includes daily reporting to the testing team as well as weekly project status updates.
- Partner with project management and other members of the team to review and provide impact assessment and estimates for project scope changes.
- Communicate testing status updates at multiple forums and to various levels of the organization including executive leadership. The appropriate level of detail and presentation of the material are based upon the audience.
- Facilitate and manage the daily defect triage meetings; this includes validation of defect assignments, priority/severity ratings, working through issues, capturing next steps and tracking progress.
- Manage/oversee planning and development of test cases/scripts to ensure complete test coverage and overall quality goals are achieved.
- Ensure team follows governance standards and protocols as defined within the project development life cycle.
- Provide overview training and respond to adhoc questions regarding HP ALM.
- Expert knowledge of HP-ALM.
- Expert knowledge of Business Requirements and Traceability
- 5+ years experience working highly complex Projects under minimal management supervision.
- 5+ years of financial industry experience
- 5+ years experience managing testing in a highly matrixed Waterfall environment
- 5+ years creating/supporting development of Test Strategy and Test Plan documents.
- 3+ years experience using HP-ALM
- 3+ years experience tracing Requirements to Test Cases
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior client experience
- Experience with Jira/Confluence for Requirements and Testing (in Jira)
- Prior Agile experience
- Data warehouse Test Management experience
Skills needed for submittals
skills: Skills needed for submittals
Any upcoming vacation plans? -Yes or no
Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) -Yes or no
Has your candidate worked at our client as a Full Time employee? -Yes or no
Is this candidate required to give notice - -Yes or no
3+ years experience tracing Requirements to Test Cases-Yes or no
3+ years experience using HP-ALM-Yes or no
5+ years creating/supporting development of Test Strategy and Test Plan documents-Yes or no
5+ years experience managing testing in a highly matrixed Waterfall environment-Yes or no
5+ years experience working highly complex Projects under minimal management supervision.-Yes or no
Banking / Financial Industry Experience-years
Experience in creating test plans, test cases, test scenarios-years
Proven leadership, direction, mentoring and coaching skills-years
Previous client experience- Yes or no
Experience in Data Warehouse testing-years
Experience with Jira/Confluence for Requirements and Testing (in Jira)-years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.