We currently have an opening for a Service Desk Associate in Oak Ridge, TN. The Service Desk Associate will provide support for local and remote users with Microsoft Outlook, standard Windows desktop applications and operating systems, a variety of commercial (COTS) packages, intranet and internet browser, Blackberry, Android, and iOS devices, and Deltek applications. This is a shift work position requiring some flexibility in work hours.
location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $11.00 - 12.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
- Must be willing to work between business hours of 6:30am-9pm M-F and occasional Saturdays, including several weeks of on-call responsibilities each year. Hours are subject to change.
- Hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- US Citizenship
- High school diploma or GED.
- 6 months of computer support in a technical call center environment.
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication addressing moderately complex technical issues via telephone, email, and person-to-person.
- Demonstrated customer awareness, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Experience in desktop support, IT concepts, and help desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically, and act decisively in critical situations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, Internet Explorer, and Windows.
- May be some travel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.