job summary: Position Description
Develop and enhance tools and scripts to streamline and automate our cloud capacity automation process.
location: Kirkland, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Specifically, these include:
- Implement an automated way to divest hardware from product dedicated fleets;
- manually handle critical operations related to allocating to live cloud capacity;
- Support new hardware launch initiatives;
- Other various capacity allocation and management automation tools.
- Experience with Unix systems administration including solid scripting skills.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Experience leading short projects involving outside teams is a plus.
- SQL and/or MySQL experience a plus.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Fluent written communication and unusual verbal agility are strong assets.
- scripting, linux, and one programming language (Go, Python, Java), basic hardware understanding, prefer 3 to 5 years of software engineering experience
- proficient in coding (java), service oriented architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.