Sr. Cyber Security Analyst
Our client is looking for an INDUSTRIAL CONTROL CYBER Security Analyst to join their team.
This person will have experience with Windows, azure, endpoints, active directory and needs someone with a deep understanding of security knowledge
Contributes to the effective operation of the Cybersecurity team to achieve milestones and objectives in the assessment, implementation and operation of technical and procedural controls of the Company's cybersecurity infrastructure for the purposes of ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and resources.
* Supervises and mentors Jr staff members to achieve security objectives
* Proactively discovers and develops new clients for our security offerings or additional security services for existing clients
* Assesses and mitigates risk based on known, hypothesized and perceived threats on enterprise and ICS systems across the Company environment
* Demonstrates deep understanding of the tools, techniques, threat landscape, and technical controls required to mitigate a broad variety of cyber threats
* Collaboratively works with industry groups to formulate additional use-cases of possible risk that add to the knowledge base of our industry
* Creates new designs that balance business needs, security controls and risk appetites that span multiple technical domains
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and operate cybersecurity technology and provide expertise in area of focus (e.g. Risk Assessments, Controls Engineering or Incident Response)
- Provide guidance within the Company and awareness on secure business processes, architecture design, and technical controls
- Keep current awareness of evolving cybersecurity threats and best practices for mitigation.
- Mentor Cybersecurity staff on best practice security controls and efficient processes.
- Develop procedures and guidelines for implementing information security systems and practices.
Bachelors degree is required
- Minimum of 7+ years Direct experience within the information security field Required
- Experience leading projects of large and small security related initiatives to successful completion Required
- Demonstrated experience in vendor selection, testing, implementation, and operations of a broad array of security technologies Required
- Utility specific information security and/or related infrastructure background Preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in Spanish Preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of multiple technical and procedural areas within the information security field and industry-recognized expertise in at least one cybersecurity discipline
- Ability to develop, execute and lead others to perform a quality security review process based on security policies, best practice and/or regulatory standards
- Able to solve complex problems as well as have demonstrated expert troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding review findings and make resource-aware recommendations to management
- Strong analytical skills from a business prospective including operating, technical, financial and other related fields
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects within a team structure or leading a team as well as excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to communicate complex topics simply, ability to communicate risk and appreciate opposing viewpoints
Licenses and Certifications
- (CISSP) certification Required
- (GISP) (GIAC) (CISA)(CIA) certificate or equivalent ) Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.