In this role, you will work the the engineering and design team. You will learn to work with custom hardware and to operate the mobile application to exercise all its features. You will then help develop a manual testing plan that include all functional areas of the app, and execute that plan on a regular basis for each new revision before qualifying a release for general availability.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work closely with engineering team to develop and maintain a test plan and test suites
- Manual testing of Android and iOS applications according to the test plans
- File comprehensive bug reports and work with the engineering team to verify resolution
- Triaging bug reports from users and file bug reports accordingly
- BS in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience in testing software products in a mobile environment
- Knowledge and experience with Android and / or iOS platforms and related technologies
- Working knowledge of one or more programming/scripting languages
- Write comprehensive test plans and corresponding test cases for basic components and features.
- Find bugs and apply engineering rigor to reproduce and diagnose those bugs, write concise and descriptive bug reports and present test results engineering teams effectively
- Working knowledge of Unix / Linux and familiarity with software development and deployment best practices
- Experience with custom hardware, including Bluetooth or other wireless technologies
- Ability to understand complex systems and triage issues based on that knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.