Oracle Database Administrator - 2607
If you're a talented and motivated individual who enjoys solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions - and you're ready to work with a team of individuals who shares the same passion, this is a great opportunity for you! You will be able to explore, learn and adapt outside of your core responsibility. You will be working on a 1 week rotating on-call schedule. With your strong analytical and problem-solving skills, your unwavering commitment to quality, and your collaborative work ethic, you'll do great things here at this firm!
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
As an Oracle Database Administrator, you'll be working closely with your IT/DBA team, collaborate across multi-functional groups within the company and other Business Units within Realogy to solve complex problem with easy solution.
- Oracle 11g/12c
- Review & execute database changes to production
skills: - Support bi-monthly code releases
- Respond to production alert and troubleshoot & document database related issues. Perform RCA.
- Support Data, Dev, QA & Staging databases, including database refresh automation
- Support on premise & cloud backup & recovery
- Good understanding of HA & DR, Setup Oracle active dataguard & be able to perform planned & unplanned failover.
- Performance tuning - able to drill down using AWR, ASH & explain plan
- Tuning of SQL and PL/SQL
- Collaborate with Engineering/Data Engineering team to troubleshoot & tune DB related issues.
- Capacity planning.
- Support new technology migration to cloud like Amazon RDS. Develop scripts & automation DB maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoot database system from end to end. From application level down to storage.
- Collaborate with offsite DBAs
- Manage Oracle RAC.
- Experience with rolling patching
- Install & rollout Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Shell scripting
- 24x7 On-call rotation
Skills, accomplishments, & interests you should have:
- Automation with python scripting
- Data model & schema tracking tools implementation
- Data migration from Oracle to RDS
- Implement and manage open source databases
- Develop strong knowledge of key applications and their interaction with the database
- Mysql & Postgres knowledge
- Work independently and implement solution from end to end, including monitoring
- Experience with Amazon AWS
Nice to haves:
- LAN/WAN Networking
- PureStorage SAN
- Striim on the Oracle's side
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.