Our Client is seeking a Application Specialist to work an exiting project in Florida, that is a REMOTE opportunity
- Work independently as a high level technical expert for Clients ACH Hosted and ASP Outsourcing implementations, providing expert consultation to the client before, during, and after conversion as well as internal consulting services.
- As a technical consultant, analyze client requirements, develop application integration programs/utilities and provide expertise to the Outsourcing organization to meet client and Client business needs.
location: Orlando, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Evaluates the systems needs of internal and external clients and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems and devises logic procedures related to advances in related technology.
- Configures product or customized technology solution based on technical specifications.
- Designs, codes, installs and maintains systems software programs, as well as applications and systems analysis on an as needed basis.
- Serves as the primary client interface from a technical perspective
- Communicate progress and any potential problems to Client management for awareness and/or resolution.
- Resolve complicated software support issues related to application design specifications.
- Provides technical assistance and information to the client, computer operations, technical services and application programming.
- Participates in 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
- Provides input for the documentation for use by the client, computer operations, client services and technical services
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Job Related Experience:
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is required. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
- Typically requires seven or more years experience in application and/or enterprise architecture design and development, managing and delivering software and integration projects to clients.
- Exposure to ACH Operations and/or PEP+ product is a plus.
qualifications: Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
Distributed Systems Concentration of Skills/Knowledge:
General Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- Working experience and highly proficient with a wide variety of database and web technologies including but not limited to:
- Windows Server Technology
- Linux, AIX or Unix Server Platforms
- WebLogic or WebSphere Application Servers
- Apache or IIS Web Servers
- Oracle, SQL, and DB2 database technology
- IBM WebSphere MQ
- SOAP, WSDL, XML
- TCP/IP and networking protocols, firewall architectures and security systems
The individual must possess the following management and leadership competencies:
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and all aspects of application phases from design through deployment.
- Must demonstrate experience working with third party systems.
- Familiar with relevant business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Excellent communication and reading comprehension skills.
- Able to integrate product knowledge with technical knowledge.
- Able to learn new applications and new platforms as needed.
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Personal Learning
- Strategic Agility
- General office environment.
- No specific physical requirement.
- Stressful situations may occur occasionally.
- Ability to work extended workdays, weekends and holidays as required
- Occasional travel is required.
skills: Mainframe Systems Concentration of Skills/Knowledge:
- Working experience with mainframe file structures such as VSAM, DB2.
- Working experience with mainframe communication protocols such as TCP/IP
- Working experience with mainframe utilities such as JCL, RACF, etc
- Working experience with IBMs Transaction Server, CICS.
- Working experience or familiarity with mainframe programming languages such as COBOL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.