job summary: QA Responsibility:
- Analyze and contribute in understanding/estimating user stories/requirements during the sprint grooming sessions from QA [Pega/BI] perspective. Not only UI dependent but even middleware.
- Analyze and document regression scripts, use cases, and environmental set up and execution conditions to ensure the integrity and completeness of the integrated tests
- Design test cases and scripts that will support regression testing and new functionality testing targeting areas such as workflows, process flows, database impacts, or usability
- Define criteria for BDD testing, develop and implement new automation scripts and/ or modify existing automation scripts, and analyze test results. Define Feature files and step definitions
- Participate in test design process for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications, and documenting software defects
- Participate in test script review process providing insights and suggestions for improvement where applicable
- Take ownership for test execution, reporting and defect triage
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Experience & Fundamentals:
- Experienced in testing APIs, Distributed Systems, Messaging and message queues and develop them further into functional test scripts.
- Experienced in agile SDLC methodology from a testers perspective, thorough knowledge of all Agile processes/cadences. Experienced in continuous delivery environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills ability to effectively document and present ideas both verbally and visually
- Experience developing test plans, scenarios and scripts to test new and existing features
- Ability to assess risk / impact of new features to the existing application
- Demonstrated proficiency/mastery of testing a complex enterprise application
- Desktop and Web based application testing experience
- Proficiency navigating and administering Windows and Unix/Linux via command line
- Experience with functional automation implementation on UI, API, Config, DB is required.
- Automation using Jasmine, Cucumber, Specflow, Gherkin is required.
qualifications: Required Tool Experience:
- Experience with Test Management Tools HP QC is preferred and Rally is required
- Automated Test Software Selenium is required and UFT is a plus
- Working knowledge of API testing tools like Postman, SoapUI is preferred
- Experience with CI/CD is preferred
- Experience with Relational databases and concepts Oracle SQL, PL/SQL etc.
- Experienced with BDD/ATDD tools like Cucumber, SpecFlow, Gherkin is required.
- General Web-technologies testing experience (Angular, Jquery, HTML, CSS, REST, JSON etc.)
- Experience testing with Open Source JS libraries like NG 1.5/2.0
skills: Soft Skills:
- Self-starter with Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills and associated problem-solving skills is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.