Software Development Engineer
Are you an experienced Software Development Engineer? Are you passionate about solving hard technical problems? Do you aspire to build robust, well-designed and well-engineered distributed systems but also enjoy occasionally creating web UIs? Do you value working in a place which fosters friendliness and collaboration? Do you thrive in teams that follow agile methodologies, release often, and take pride in raising the technical bar? Do you want to see the result of your work directly impacting the company's bottom line? Every month? If you answered, "Yes," then we are eager to hear from you.
- Responsibilities - As per Job description - These are contract to hire positions
- Top desired 3 skill sets - Java, REST & SOAP, Data technologies such as MySQL
- Programs/Tools that will be used on the assignment (if any) ; Spring Boot, Jenkins, Chef
- Previous experience required/preferred - 2+ years creating services in Java, 4+ years creating software
- Examples of work you will like to see in addition to the resume. - Service development, performance testing, application tuning and load testing, experience with multithreading and concurrency?
location: Bellevue, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a Software Development Engineer II, beyond the usual responsibility of designing, developing, documenting, and thoroughly testing your code, you will own one or more components and/or services of the back-end (payment web services) or the front-end (admin web UI). You will get to build your own automation and reporting tools to provide capabilities around the components / applications you own and will participate to troubleshooting Production issues. You will make the right judgment calls to deliver features in time, with the highest possible level of quality, in the best interest of the customer. You will get to expand your skills in building distributed, resilient solutions while influencing others and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team.
You will join a very experienced, successful, and high-performing team and will have a unique opportunity to grow to the next level as an SDE. You will continue to expand your skills in the domain of high quality, distributed and scalable software as well as contribute to improve best practices and constantly raise the bar in terms of Engineering Excellence.
- 4+ years Software Development work experience using OO languages (Java experience strongly preferred)
- 2+ years creating and supporting Web Services in a high transactional environment
- First class communication skills in written and verbal form
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to produce across your team and beyond
- Rock solid coding skills
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Track record of building your own automation and reporting tools to provide capabilities around your service
- Ability to perform and influence code reviews as well as technical design meetings
- Track record of successfully delivering high quality, distributed services with large transaction volume on a 24x7 operational cycle
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- Experience interviewing and mentoring Software Engineers
- Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
skills: Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience with e-Commerce systems, Payments Solutions and Providers is a big plus.
- Experience developing fault tolerant distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Background in Service Oriented Architecture implementation, service versioning, and backward compatibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.