Technical Business Systems Analyst
Looking for a technical business analyst with SQL skills for a year long contract in Greenville South Carolina
location: Greenville, South Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Treasury and Balance Sheet Management group is seeking a Business Analyst to support its Data Strategy Program project, which is working to build out a new, advanced data platform to ingest and make available to TBSM, data from across the entire balance sheet - US and Canada.
The Business Analyst will work with other business analysts and SQL analysts to:
- Analyze logic both in upstream data sources and internal systems.
- Taking the above analysis, rationalize all current state logic to arrive at future state logic, correct data element names and business definitions.
- Write new business rules to transform data from the Risk and Regulatory Warehouse to meet the needs of all TBSM functional business areas.
- Ability to describe rationalized logic and data element naming/definitions to broad audience.
- Requirements gathering - Project will be run in an agile env.
- Banking/FI project experience
- Independent and comfortable taking the lead on process
- 4+ years of SQL to understand current ETL processes and write SQL business logic
- Knowledge of data flow diagrams, metadata, use cases and data dictionary
- Strong communication skills (will collaborate with business subject matter experts (SMEs) and data managers.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to work independently.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Understands the banks balance sheet
- Previous client experience
Skills needed for submittals
Any upcoming vacation plans? -Yes or no
a self-starter with strong leadership qualities-Yes or no
Banking/Financial Industry experience-Yes or no
Excellent communication skills , interpersonal and organizational skills ( 5/5) -Yes or no
Has your candidate worked at our client as a Full Time employee? -Yes or no
Independent worker and driven-Yes or no
Is this candidate required to give notice -Yes or no
4+ years of SQL to understand current ETL processes and write SQL business logic-Yes or no
Business Analysis Experience- years
Knowledge of data flow diagrams, metadata, use cases and data dictionary-years
Exp. working in an agile environment-Yes or no
Knowledge of Treasury Balance Sheet Management operations-Yes or no
Previous client experience-Yes or no
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.