Engineering Project Assistant
The EPA will be responsible for assisting engineers with hardware development support. This person will be the engineering build and material coordinator as well as the engineering liaison. Primary tasks for this position includes ordering and kitting of parts, tracking accountable devices, managing short lead time requests, creating and managing parts tracking spreadsheets, working with purchasing to obtain quotes and lead times, coordinating shipments, working with Customer Owned Property and other general support as requested within the hardware engineering teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, proactive, able to work with engineering to meet multiple deadlines, thrives on working in a fast paced environment, and is a proven multi-tasker with a strong attention to detail.
location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $17.00 - 18.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Orders and coordinates the delivery of piece parts and LRUs. Reports status of orders as required.
- Releasing drawings/documents, tracking and ordering COPS, GFE
- Shipping as required, and other general support as requested
- Facilitating PREP reviews
- Edits format of hardware documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
- Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
- Analyzes metrics, identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements. Works with Engineering to train on processes and tools.
- Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
- Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels. Communications require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
- Generally works on highly complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
Potential Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) in tracking and/or maintenance of program/project schedules, milestone performance, and financial metrics.
- Prepares presentations. Coordinates the interaction of project/program team and support functions to communicate schedule and status.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively.
HS Diploma or equivalent required.
1 or more years of experience with inventory management (ordering / tracking) in a production environment is ideal.
skills: Required Tool Experience:
Tool Experience Desired but Not Required:
-ALM, SAP, DOORS, Jama, Subversion, and Gmail/Google Docs
-strong communication skills
-strong organizational skills
-highly detail oriented
-strong interpersonal skills
-ability to work on teams in a collaborative environment
-ability to receive work from peers, engineers and managers
-able to retain information quickly
-self-starter and proposals that are clearly and concisely written.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.