A Customer Engineer is responsible for the proactive and reactive support, troubleshooting and documentation of new and existing customer base. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 30 per hour
work hours: 3pm to 12am
-Serve as primary on-site engineering resource supporting all aspects of technology for clients.
-Supporting and trouble-shooting on-site desktop environment including but not limited to workstation imaging and support of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems (XP/Vista/7/8/10). (Focus on Windows 10)
- Apple computer hands-on experience a plus.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, firewalls, and wireless.
- Supporting and troubleshooting multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 environments.
- Implementing, supporting, and trouble-shooting of on-site printers and print servers.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting on-premises networks (VLAN configurations a plus).
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (critical skillset)
- Responsible for case closures and daily time entries using Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) ticketing system.(in this case tracking, and working with Project Manager to keep customer informed on a regular cadence, meeting milestone expectations, etc.).
- Deployment planning and scheduling subject matter expertise.
- Coordinate resources to meet the timelines of finalized schedules.
- Single point of contact on site to supervise resources, address/escalate logistical or technical issues.
-Communicate requirements to resources and provide direction on scripting to be following for each group.
- Participate and assist on developing and refining deployment schedules.
- Participate and assist in identifying possible alternative methods to completing imaging/upgrade tasks.
- Assist in messaging and related documentation to support deployment activities.
- Coordinate travel as needed to align with local resource availability.
- Provide all White Glove/Concierge support as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years related hands-on work experience.
- Work experience must include supporting local area network connected devices or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012
-Proficient with the Microsoft Windows operating system (2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/7). (Windows 10)
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (XP/2003/2007/2010). Certifications
- A+ Certified
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: Server Administrator, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or equivalent hands on experience.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Occasional on-call rotation may be required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment,
- Presents a tidy and professional physical appearance to customers and colleagues
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.