100% REMOTE Opportunity!!
The Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer plays a key role in our client's agile product development team. Continue development of our entire product suite, including a communication engine that sends millions of emails, text messages, and postcards each month; a mobile app used by tens of thousands of users; a loyalty program processing tens of thousands of transactions a day; and more. They are looking for a top-notch developer to grow their team and help them continue to maintain their technological lead in many different product segments.
location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop/maintain our client's product offerings both on our backend Ruby on Rails servers and in our front-end applications leveraging AngularJS and Bootstrap.
- Work on a variety of challenging problems across our product suite, from world-class public API design to low-level performance optimization of Ruby code.
- Write code using Test Driven Development and in a strong code review culture.
- Work in a high-quality codebase with solid test coverage.
- Work remotely from home as part of our all-remote team in a highly collaborative culture that isn't isolating.
- Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or another related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Typically has more than 8 years of application definition, build, test, and development experience.
- Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Demonstrates solid application development aptitude with familiarity in each layer of our technology stack (see below), if not mastery in many, and a genuine interest in all software technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
skills: Must be skilled or highly skilled in all of the following areas and must show a desire to continually develop:
Experience with the following desired:
- Ruby - Minimum of 5 years
- Ruby on Rails
- SQL Database Experience - MySQL
- AngularJS (1 and/or 2+)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.