Jr. Windows Server/Hyper- V Engineer
job summary: Overview:
This position provides deployment of Windows 2016/2019 servers using VMM Hyper-V templates, post-deployment migration of Objects and security settings from existing VMWare 2008 R2 servers. Administration of servers post-deployment includes attaching to SAN infrastructure, provisioning drives, installing required Windows features and software, working with application teams to ensure requirements are met, and troubleshooting issues post-deployment.
location: Plano, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Provisions, builds and deploys new Hyper-V Windows 2016/19 servers using VMM templates. Completes configuration of servers post deployment.
- Migrates/duplicates objects and security from existing VMWare servers. Understands and administers the Hyper-V environment and Storage Area Network environments (SAN).
- Installs Windows server features, roles and software required by application teams on servers post deployment.
- Joins Servers to AD, applies Group Policies and moves server computer accounts in AD.
- Utilizes the Remedy Ticketing system to obtain work orders, and updates tickets with progress. Closes completed tickets and opens new tickets for application teams when work is completed.
- Ensures corporate technology standards and procedures are adhered to. Participates and conforms to corporate IT procedures and policies.
- Understands and implements appropriate security measures at the system administration level to maintain security protocols.
- This individual must have in-depth experience in administration of virtualized and physical servers. Specifically, Hyper-V/Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) based virtualization platform, Active Directory, NetApp Storage, and P2V/V2V server migrations.
- Extensive knowledge of server consolidation/migration, Hyper-V, VMM, VMWare, SAN (storage management), appliance management are all critical components of this position.
- This employee works collaboratively and is familiar with Remedy ticking system to obtain work and provide progress and status of tickets in progress.
skills: Required Skills and proven experience:
- Hyper-V Platform
- Virtual machine manager (VMM) (Build infrastructure/servers and administration)
- VMWare 5-6 (Build infrastructure/servers and administration)
- Active Directory (Build infrastructure/servers and administration (GPO/ADUC/ADSAS/DNS/DHCP)
- Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2/2016)
- V2V/P2V server migration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.