It Service Desk Technician
Summary: Under limited supervison, provides a deep understanding of technical products and ? services along with the strong capability to translate complex information to a simplified, professional content that is easily understood by the target audience. Position will require working closely with various departments to gather project requirements from subject matter experts to develop, organ? ize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, ? and process documentation. Awareness and implementation ? of industry best practices will be continual part of the rol? e responsibilities including development/maintenance of centralized%?20documentation management.
Shift: M-F 8am - 5pm
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 34 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Provide ITSD (Level 1 and 2) and deskside support %?28Level 2) to all internal users.
Sing? le point of user resolution for all desktop technology devices? including desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, pri? nting, wireless networking, audio/visual equipment, etc.<%?2Fp>
Maintain and provision desktops, laptops,%2? 0tablets, mobile devices, printers, projectors, audio/visual? equipment, and other office equipment, as required.Use ServiceNow incident logging system to maint? ain incidents and requests through the complete ticket life cy? cle.
Use ServiceNow logging system to ma? intain projects and time reporting.
Docume? nt, track, and troubleshoot incidents to agreed service stan? dards and service levels.
Perform trouble%?20call resolution, diagnosis of complex problems, advanced pro? blem resolution, user support follow-up, and Technician inte? raction with other IT employees, co-workers, and outside v? endor
Develop and maintain system documentat? ion, administrative, and user guides.
? Conduct end-user orientation and training for new hires.
Provision and administer user accounts, distr? ibution groups, and security groups in Active Directory.
Rotate shifts/work alternative shifts when ne? eded in order to support 24x7 production environment.
Escalate to operations, solutions, infrastructure%?20engineering, or appropriate resolver team when assistance is%2? 0needed.
Provide AV support - support ? conference rooms, town halls (multi location large audience ? simultaneous conferencing), and video conferencing.
Process equipment and software requests and record a? sset information.
Hardware/ software lifec? ycle management.
Provide white glove (VI? P) and executive support.
Perform reques? t fulfillment of moves & staff equipment changes at ea? ch location.
Assist with regression testin? g of supported software through OS Patches and Upgrades.
Push and install workstation and third party%?20patches.
Provide Windows OS, Mac OS,? and Mobile OS support.
Skills & Experience:
Education: BS/BA degree preferred.
Preferred Certifications: CompTIA A+ certified,%2? 0ITSDI certified.
3+ years' expe? rience in an IT related support position with in-depth knowl? edge of PC and Mac platforms and the diagnosis and resolutio? n of software, hardware, and networking issues.
skills: Working knowledge and experience with mos? t of the following:
1. ? ? MDT 2013
2. &n? bsp; &n? bsp; Sysprep
3. %?26nbsp; %?20.wim
4. %3? B SCCM%3? C/p>
5. %3? B Capturing and%?20deploying images using DSIM
6. %2? 6nbsp; %2? 6nbsp; Creating and editing Task Sequences
7. &? nbsp; Windows customization
8. &n? bsp; Software packaging%?2E
- %3? B %3? B Proficient with Microsoft Windows OS, Office Suites, Excha? nge/Outlook, and Active Directory.
&bu? ll; &nb? sp; Familiarities with PC supp? ort tools and software distribution tools.
- ? ; Ability to work in? dependently in a deadline driven media production environment.%3? C/p>
- &? nbsp; ? Self-starter, strong organizational skills, and ability to p? rioritize workload.
- %?3B %?3B Strong oral and written communications skills? .
- %?3B %?3B Ability to lift and install PCs, printers, etc. (up? to 50 pounds).
- &nbs? p; &nbs? p; Ability to maintain flexible work schedule%?20to provide IT support for weekends.
%2? 6bull; %2? 6nbsp; Experience using incident? management (ServiceNow) and knowledge base systems.
- %?26nbsp; Experien? ce supporting AV equipment is highly desirable.
- ? Experience prov? iding asset management support.
-%2? 6nbsp; %2? 6nbsp; Experience using remote diagnosti? c tools for problem identification and resolution.
- ? ; Travel may%2? 0be required.
- &n? bsp; &n? bsp; For Imaging support: familiarity with sysprep,%?20slipstreaming, and imaging formats (.wim or .iso/.bin%?20for older images).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.