job summary: Summary
- The Solutions Architect is accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements in support of a given portfolio.
- The Solution Architect will be accountable for partnering with key roles (e.g. project managers, business analysts, technology managers, etc.) to create solutions which are aligned with architecture principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Within the solution development lifecycle, this role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case. They will also provide consulting during the detailed design, build, test, and deploy phases, and reengaged to perform benefits realization.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $49 - 59 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Represent Technology Strategy & Architecture in programs/initiatives
- Provide technical recommendations and trade-offs which address business needs and timelines
- Participate in cross-functional, cross-discipline architecture teams to enhance/set architectural direction for key business initiatives
- Produce conceptual and logical architectures to meet strategic business, financial, and technology objectives through documentation of systems, architectures, process flows, and value-chains
- Define and document business technology domains via blueprints of the current state, target state, and roadmaps to guide technology investment
- Ensure alignment of initiative solutions designs with the architecture and technology strategies
- Promote design adherence to policies and standards, architectural principles and guidelines
- Manage tradeoffs between speed to market, quality, and financial impact
- Technical leadership across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models
- Effectively communicate designs/solutions in multiple forums and to various audiences including technology and business executive
- Drive buy vs. build decisions based on reviewing products and capabilities within the enterprise as well as leading industry products and technologies
- Ability to collaborate with business and technical resources to understand and develop solutions that meet business requirements, translating strategy and objectives when necessary
- Develop standards, patterns, and best practices for reuse and acceleration
qualifications: Required Skills
- At least 7-10 years of information technology experience with 3 years of financial services experience and 2 to 3 years of technology architecture experience.
- Translating complex concepts into multiple architectural ?viewsaimed at varying audiences
- Broad based IT knowledge and experience (Hardware, Financial Software, Middleware, Databases)
- Interpreting business needs and applying innovative technology solutions
- Governance and oversight processes for managing alignment of change to strategic goals
skills: Desired Skills
- Strong, proactive leadership capabilities
- Ability to stimulate and participate in creative thinking for out-of-the-box solutions
- Resolving and influencing the positive outcome of conflicting objectives and priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact, and influence Senior Technology, Business & Operational partners
- Work effectively within a fast-paced, cohesive Architecture team and willing to learn fast and adapt quickly to change
- Excellent written (technical) and verbal communication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.