job summary: Build Engineer Job Description:
- Looking for a skilled and motivated DevOps Engineer to work from our Jacksonville, FL office. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and improving continuous integration and automated release processes and technologies across the development and testing environments.
- The engineer will also have process responsibility for enhancing the efficiency of development, testing, and product release processes.
- The DevOps Engineer will perform work assignments within a dynamic, fast-paced agile environment, developing, prioritizing and grooming appropriate user stories for these improvements.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lead SDLC toolset migration from existing self-hosted solution to enterprise-wide platform
- Provide automation configuration expertise to the Application Development team
- Maintain the processes that support and automate software product release management automation
- Develop and maintain processes to keep multiple pipelines of code, databases and servers in sync
- Responsible for providing operational support for SDLC tools that include Bitbucket (GIT repository), Artifactory and Datical.
- Facilitates automation of unit and integration tests into the build pipeline
- Collect & report data on the health of build/test infrastructure
- Maintain appropriate system documentation for build and deployment processes
- Modifies and/or debugs vendor-supplied utilities and packages.
- Installs and configures software on Windows and Linux servers
- Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
qualifications: Required Skills
- 10+ years experience in DevOps/System Administration
- Expertise in DevOps principles and patterns in an enterprise organization
- Thorough understanding of distributed source-code management processes (GIT)
- Experience automating multi-stage builds with automated unit-testing using Jenkins
- Familiarity with Atlassian toolset (BitBucket/Jira/Confluence), code scanning (Sonar), dependency management (Nuget/Maven/Artifactory)
- Experience supporting building and supporting .NET applications through multiple concurrent pipelines
- Experience in programming in multiple scripting languages (Linux Shell scripting, Windows Powershell, etc)
- Experience in Splunk (writing queries, building dashboards)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.