Business Analyst / Product Manager / BI
This is a great opportunity to join an enterprise level company that is going digital! In this role you'll be working as a business analyst/product manager, who will have an acute understanding of data, data services and business intelligence.
You will act as a communicator, facilitator and mediator, working closely with all business units to improve information delivery effectiveness and maximize business value and impact thru technology.
Accountable for the successful support to existing products and implementation of new products.
Our ideal candidate is a detailed planner, expert communicator, and top-notch analyst. He/she should be passionate and committed to the discovery and development of innovative solutions in an ever-changing digital landscape.
location: Madison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Liaise between business units and Dev Team to ensure that product development results in innovative and high-quality solutions
- Responsible for partnering with business stakeholders across business units (i.e., sales, finance, marketing, and brand services etc.) to gather and document requirements.
- Author and update BRD, SRS and mockups, and conduct walkthrough sessions with business stakeholders to get acknowledgement/signoffs.
- Conduct system and data analysis, understand data flow and data lineage, and perform system/data mappings.
- Evaluate, analyze, and communicate requirements effectively to guide Dev team (onsite & offshore) to develop solutions and provide clarifications as necessary.
- Partner with business to prioritize enhancements and work with Dev Team tech leads to plan and manage releases.
- Participate in QA testing, lead business UAT sessions and train business users to ensure deployment/adoption is successful.
- Communicate release schedules and close loops with business stakeholders and solicit feedbacks.
- Five plus years of proven experience in analysis, development, implementation and support of business information systems, and direct technical support of end-users in finance and marketing operations.
- Strong analytical mind, excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with ability to translate data into actionable insights
skills: - Knowledge of SQL, BI architecture, relational and dimensional modeling and experience working in data warehouse environment.
- Experience with Power BI/ Tableau or other BI visualization tools
- Strong working knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications
- UI design and/or Real Estate Industry knowledge a plus
- Analytical, understand where the data is coming from
- Strong communication skills and presentation; will be the face of the team
- Knowledge of database and able to navigate to confirm and will give guidance to Dev Team
- Have domain knowledge
- Have the ability to organize and prioritize the work
- Will plan releases
Top 3-5 skills/requirements:
- Experience with BI development
- Data visualization
- Creative mind
- Know what looks good - understand how to do a mockup
- Conceptualize the dash with color, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.