Lead Project Manager
Our healthcare insurance client in Washington, DC is looking for a PM to work with the enterprise technology team. This person will be responsible for creating a mainframe platform strategy, run the project and develop the documents and strategy.
Lots of data has been pulled together thus far from different data sources, and this person will take this information, pull it together, and determine what the best course of action will be in the future. This person will be an effective communicator and provide the project plan and information in way that the business users will understand and be proactive about communication plans around timelines and changes.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
In the first 6-8 weeks on the job, the expectation is that there is a draft of the project plan, and work with the business on changes through the end of the year. This individual will be versed well versed in technical terminology, take feedback from the engineers are talking about and incorporate this into the strategy.
8-11 Years Experience
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Release Management Skills.
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer skills with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in managing full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Projects. Experience with direct project management and release management experience is required.
- Knowledge of and experience in IT environment (mainframe, infrastructure, Web/Java)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2000 tool set - MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment.
- Highly motivated.
skills: - Positive attitude.
- Health Care Industry Experience will be a plus.
- Background in requirements management and/or systems development is a plus.
- Regulatory and HIPAA Experience a plus.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.