Provides the highest technical expertise for the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases. Handles and leads the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling. As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies. Serves as a consultant on technological advancements. Provides oversight, mentoring and leadership to less experienced staff. May represent the organization as an external spokesperson.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $47.50 - 53.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Data Modeler + Data Mapping Role
* 7 - 9+ years Data warehouse/Data Mart/Data Modeling experience using Power Designer / ERWIN.
* Strong experience in using Databases such as Teradata/ Oracle. Unix/SQL
*Business Analysis with source to target data mapping experience
- 7 - 9+ years of experience in developing/supporting Teradata/Ab Initio data warehouse environments
- Expert level modeling skills using Power Designer/ERWIN - 4+ years
- Demonstrated experience in Business Metadata documentation
- Proficiency in Unix shell scripting - Proficiency in RDBMS database and tools.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
* Big Data Skills: Hadoop/Hive/MapR/Python Preferred
* Autosys/Hadoop/HDFS/Hive is nice to have
skills: - Attention to detail and ability to follow-through on often complex tasks involving multiple team members
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively across organizational lines and with virtual team members
* Ab Initio Metadata Hub experience
* Strong with Business and Technical Metadata/Data Lineage
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.