Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for an Associate IT Systems Engineer
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Associate IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, debugging, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. Associate IT Systems Engineers provide technical support, troubleshoot problems and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions.
- Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
- Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
- Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
- Assists with researching, designing, implementing and testing of technology solutions
- Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
- Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
- Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owner
- Perform routine OS patching and remediation
Two or more years demonstrated experience in Unix (AIX and Linux) System Administration, RHEL. AIX experience is a plus.
- Unix (AIX and Linux) System Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.