Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Learning Consultant IV to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the San Diego, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Responsible for a full range of learning and development activities for instructor-led and web-based training and learning programs. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops curriculums/instructional plans, delivers training, evaluates training programs for effectiveness, and consults on a broad array of learning and development issues. Advises on appropriate instructional technologies, including e-learning/web-based formats.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Needs assessment: Conducts complex needs assessments for individuals and teams and may provide on-going analysis of learning programs across a broad spectrum of positions.
- Instructional design & development: Designs and develops complex course curricula and related content and materials. May oversee development of curricula or programs by other learning consultants in support of an assigned functional area. May evaluate and identify necessary improvements to existing Training programs or curricula by other learning consultants.
- Training delivery: Delivers and facilitates professional level programs for employees and management.
- Program evaluation: Evaluates complex training programs for effectiveness and desired outcomes and utilizes feedback to initiate changes, refinements and improvements.
- Consulting: Determines and prioritizes key short and long range learning goals and objectives in alignment with company/regional strategic goals and direction. Researches emerging trends in learning Methods. Coaches, mentors, supports and serves as consultant to all levels of management and teams to ensure success.
- Provides leadership and support to associate and intermediate level training consultants. May be responsible for leadership of learning/instructional design projects.
- The above areas may be executed in an e-learning environment. May also apply to the need for general learning and development background to compliment a learning systems enterprise.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in learning, instructional design, instructional delivery, instructional technology, or e-learning applications required.
- Education Bacherlor's degree with emphasis in human resources, training, e-learning, training/learning technology, education, or a related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of business operations, management practices and principles, and human resources management trends and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Proficient in use of: word processing, spreadsheets & scheduling software.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of progressive experience in learning, instructional design, instructional delivery, instructional technology, or e-learning applications preferred.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Master's degree with emphasis in human resources, training, e-learning, training/learning technology, education, or a related field OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.