job summary: Overview
- Are you excited about telling stories by analyzing and making sense of data
- Are you interested in producing actionable insights from large data-sets that can power business decisions
- Do you want to create impact by delivering work that goes live in Production
About the team
- Our team is looking for a driven individual that is both technically able and business-savvy.
- Someone that is not afraid of asking questions, challenging assumptions and dealing with complexity in trying to answer broad business questions.
- On the job, you will analyze enterprise operations data and help us understand consumption and adoption patterns for enterprise services at Client.
- You will collaborate with service managers, engineers and planners to produce analyses and visualizations to inform strategies that enable a better experience for Client employees.
The Service Portfolio team shapes the future of 90+ digital enterprise services at Client by analyzing historical trends and current data, helping other teams make strategic decisions and driving transformational initiatives.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Perform analysis on large data-sets and produce qualitative visualizations based on reporting requirements
- Develop and automate reporting models
- Create executive-friendly dashboards
- Understand technology operations data in detail to create insights or make recommendations
- Partner closely with service managers and engineers to understand the underlying data and help them understand the outcomes of your analysis
Working towards completing a bachelor's degree in Computer science, Business Analytics, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Statistics or other such field
skills: Minimum qualifications
(Experience and skills)
- Working towards completing a bachelor's degree in Computer science, Business Analytics, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Statistics or other such field
- Proficient in analyzing data using Python or R
- Capable of writing SQL queries
- Familiar with NoSQL databases
- Very comfortable using, interpreting and analyzing spreadsheets
- Experience using data visualization tools like PowerBI or Looker
- Excellent oral and visual communication skills
- Generally adaptable and comfortable with complexity and uncertainty
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience hosting/deploying solutions in an AWS environment and using AWS tech like EC2, S3 and Lambda
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.