job summary: Job Summary:
Our client is looking for a direct hire Database Administrator who can take the lead! This candidate will be an integral part of the development, organization, modification, implementation, maintenance, and operational support of the company's database structures.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Description:
- Monitors, maintains and optimizes DBaaS subscriptions and services.
- Troubleshoots and resolves database issues related to performance, security, recovery, or integrity.
- Creates backups, restores and recovers database management systems.
- Supports software teams by analyzing project data requirements and creating the corresponding technical data design.
- Ensures database workflows and provides best practices for performance testing.
- Develops strategic plans for data and database server migration.
- Reviews database project requests and completes time analysis.
- Manages database server in relation to standard SQL setup and configuration on the network.
- Supports standard sprint release cycle and database maintenance.
- Develops methodologies for the ongoing assessment of database performance using index tuning, disk optimization, etc.
- Establishes and maintains best practices for security, roles and privileges within database environments.
- Collaborates with development teams to identify code issues in production using Profiler traces and other tools.
- Develops and maintains changes through source control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Meets with development team on a periodic basis to review top most resource intensive queries on the database server and recommend solutions for increased performance.
qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in technology related field.
- Related certifications are highly preferred.
- At least 4 years related work experience.
skills: Technical Skills:
- MS SQL Server 2008-2016
- SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- High availability
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.