In this position you will provide basic-level service support on servers, workstations and network operating systems, including problem resolution, technical change implementation and maintenance for our clients. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, resourceful, and have excellent skills working with a team. The principle technologies this engineer will use on a daily basis are Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Linux server. We are looking for an individual who is able to understand a web service API framework and work to improve complex interfaces and front end facing employee and customer software.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 66 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Evaluate, implement and manage business entitlements and back-end interfaces.
- Oversee systems analysis by providing recommendations and assessments.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance of operating systems, software application and systems security.
- Design and document configurations and maintenance procedures.
- Provide technical support for our production support and product delivery teams.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and issues and apply that knowledge to interface issues and solutions.
- 4+ years Ruby/Rails programming
- Write maintainable code in a functional style
- Contribute to design and architecture decisions
- Work productively in a dynamic environment
- Take ownership of your work
- Current scripting languages, tools and methodologies
- 2 years using PostgreSQL
- Linus server experience
- Git or similar tools
- Single page web applications
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.