Design and develop embedded software, onsite troubleshooting and bug fixes. Other responsibilities may include design and development activates related to safety products, IoT, standalone software packages, and test fixture development including automated test scripts.
location: Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
- Design and develop real time embedded machine control solutions including graphical user interfaces and machine I/O.
- Apply communication and problem-solving skills to actively solve software issues related to the design, development, deployment, testing, and operation of systems as an individual contributor within a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to give accurate estimates for assigned tasks, deliver the assigned task on time as well as meet needed functional expectations.
- Travel (domestic and international) up to 10% - to test, commission, and troubleshoot machine functions.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management.
qualifications: Basic Required Qualifications:
Combination of education and experience as follows:
- Bachelors degree in Software, Electronic, Computer or other similar Engineering discipline with 3+ years of experience described below, OR
- Associates degree in Software, Electronic, Computer or other similar Engineering discipline with 7+ years of experience described below, OR
- 10+ years of design experience as outlined below with no technical degree.
- Creation of embedded control code in C and C++
- Experience with Visual Studio.net and Windows CE
Preferred Qualifications: Education or Experience
- CANBus network experience (SAE J1939 or CAN Open) and other fieldbus systems.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SVN
- Experience with complex controls of heavy mobile equipment, including hydraulics and pneumatics
- Exposure to requirements management (Jama) and issue tracking (Jira)
- Robotics, device control and distributed I/O controls
- Support hydraulic and electrical controls engineering
- Experience with wired and wireless communication protocols
skills: Interpersonal Skills
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively across functions in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to develop original algorithms, create code and write test cases
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work. Must be able to occasionally work nights, weekends and variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, 10 - 15% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.