Seeking a Technical Project Manager with experience as a Technical Project Manager or Scrum Master in an agile environment. Working on middleware applications in a Java environment.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Directs and monitors all activities for highly complex, high risk, strategic technology-based projects from initiation to delivery. All projects cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines. Works with business partners to develop technology concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and costs for new systems initiatives. Plans and directs highly complex program schedules and budget, monitoring project status in comparison to cost/time projections. Provides consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management/ resolution and communication, usually at the executive levels. Provides direction to all related technical project management staff while serving in the primary project leadership role.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager
- proven track record of working on multiple large scale projects at once
- agile experience
- experience with Java, ETL, or UI application would be a plus
- Experience with projects involving web-services use in multi-tier, distributed application environments, middleware application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic or similar), large Java/XML applications, running on Unix servers in multiple nodes.
- Experience with projects implementing large Oracle databases, DB2, ETL tools (Ab-Initio), complex MQ clusters, and multi-node job and file transmission schedules.
- Strong leadership and team building experience, applying analytical and organizational skills to facilitate technical solutions to business needs, driving timely resolution of technical and non-technical project issues.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), negotiation and customer-relations skills, to not only lead internal technical teams but work with and influence many other partner teams, central PM-Office, and their management.
- Experience in complex project planning and scheduling using MS-Project, Project-Server or similar.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in multiple releases, in different phases of development. Experience in tracking all project financials.
- Experience with advanced project methodologies applied to middleware Systems Development Life-Cycle.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.