A client of ours in San Antonio, TX is looking for an IT Audit Data Analytics Specialist for a permanent opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assemble and summarize data through data mining, database modeling and business intelligence (Power BI, Tableau and SQL Server) from financial and operations databases
- Work closely with IT, business units and data management team to create and improve reporting
- Increase audit productivity by improving current methods used in the collection of data, developing automated reporting and creating standard and ad-hoc reports
- Develop analytical tools and dashboards to support internal audit production and business operations continuous control auditing.
- Evaluate risks by analyzing actual outcomes in comparison with business plans and reporting results
- -Maintain internal audit operational metrics based on key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Perform audit engagements of information technology processes and controls. Identify control concerns, opportunities for improvement,and best practices.
- Prepare work papers, computations, and statistical reports to ensure compliance with established control procedures and identify potential issues that need attention.
- Depending on the scope and complexity of the assignment,draft communications and present issues to senior management.
- Perform remediation follow up to monitor adequacy and completion of remediation plans.
- Minimum of 3 years related IT audit experience large-system computing environment-(or commensurate combination).
- Bachelor's degree
- In-depth knowledge and experience with data query/data management tools, and SQL programming
- In-depth knowledge of and proficiency with business intelligence tools (Power BI and Tableau), Microsoft Excel, MS Office and financial software applications
- Experience applying the Control Objectives for Information and related Technology framework.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Willingness to maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices through continuing professional education.
- Solid Data Analytic skills
- Professional and clear, concise communication skills
- Self motivated
- Strong understanding of data analytics and automation processes with in audit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.