Work with data, pipelines and analytics across our web properties, CRM platform, and member services. Enhance organizational strategy and tactics by providing actionable recommendations to business groups. Partner closely with DevOps, Software Engineers, Data Scientists and our respected and accomplished business partners.
location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create and troubleshoot simple to advanced level SQL scripts.
- Perform analysis of existing data pipeline and data store performance and provide improvement recommendations
- Gather and document business requirements.
- Support and work with cross-functional teams.
- Support bug fixes and implement enhancements to existing systems.
- Participate in team meetings and code reviews.
- Work independently and within a team when needed.
- Participate in personal growth opportunities.
- 3-5 years of recent experience in least one modern programming language in a data engineering or back-end development capacity: Python, R, Node.JS, Clojure, Scala
- Experience with Data Frames (any language)
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Redis.
- Experience optimizing SQL queries
- Experience building and deploying ETL pipelines
- Experience with agile or Kanban methodologies.
skills: Critical Skills
- Efficiently communicate complex ideas, learn from others, and adopt standards.
- Analyze large amounts of data: facts, figures, and numbers to find conclusions and actionable recommendations for business groups.
- Troubleshoot and effectively diagnose and fix problems.
- Attention to details.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.