The jBASE and UniVerse Multi-Value Programmer
is responsible for and involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle - analysis, new software development, test, normal maintenance & enhancement.
location: San Juan Capistrano, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Analyze the needs of the user/business and provide programming support and user-oriented solutions that address those needs while interfacing with existing applications.
- Designs systems, programs and coordinates the review of specification, user sign-off process, and the development of user manuals.
- Maintenance and development of existing applications.
- Coordinates all aspects of implementation and training to support new programs/system.
- Interface with the end-users for the purpose of enhancing understanding and utilization of the systems.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide software solutions to meet business needs.
- Using approved design specifications and programming guidelines, create, modify, test, debug and implement high-quality BASIC programs, subroutines, and other solutions within the jBASE and UniVerse application development environment.
- Solve ERP system problems effectively in a fast-paced distribution enterprise.
- Leads or contributes to special projects assigned by the Systems Integration Manager ERP and Apps.
- Maintain business confidentiality relative to business interests and strategy, personnel, pricing, promotion, customer lists, financial reports, systems, and methods of distribution.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Work and interacts with all employees, customers and vendors in a way that models and supports the Hirsch Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical
- Must pass a Pre-Employment Background Check
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Two or more years of experience as a programmer
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience using a computerized point of sale or ERP system
- High proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) or database programs
skills: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Three to five years programming experience with a jBASE or uniVerse or PICK multi-value database in a distribution environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Work related experience in the wholesale industry or in the plumbing supply business
- Familiarity with all aspects of data processing and management information systems and interrelations
- Familiarity with JSON and AJAX
- Knowledge of calling producers through API
- Knowledgeable of working with XML (READXML,WRITEXML,DYNTOXML,XMLTOXML)
- Proven ability for recognizing process/program inefficiencies and recommends improvements
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting demands
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.