Project Management professionals are responsible for managing a wide range of technology projects of varying complexity. They create and lead teams to accomplish prescribed outcomes, aligned to strategy, while achieving financial, quality and schedule goals.
Their intimate knowledge of the business mission and the disciplines within technology allows them to lead, influence and negotiate outcomes across the development of scope, refinement of project requirements, development of estimates and plans, formulation of schedules, and completion of design, development, testing, and deployment of capabilities/solutions. Incumbents of this job family exhibit thought leadership, adaptability and ownership for results; creating effective, productive relationships with stakeholders. They establish collaborative partnerships with their business counterparts and coworkers, exhibit transparency in communication, create order and clarity from ambiguity, model a bias for action, leverage data and fact-based analysis to drive decisions, and manage risk through innovation and creativity. Members of this job family are familiar with and execute in accordance with multiple project management methodologies and practices. They are skilled at multi-sourcing, vendor management, and team health and effectiveness.
As individuals progress through the IT Project Management job family these resilient leaders continue to develop their expertise in specializations and hone their competencies while developing the ability to work more independently to lead larger, more complex and strategic projects and portfolios.
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Leads complex projects and has accountability for the estimating, planning, scheduling, tracking, management of risk, budget, change management, problem resolution, reporting and communicating
- Manages interdependencies within their projects, including upgrades and working with vendors in system integrators.
- Provides transparency and reporting to overall governance and steering structure
- Leads the interaction with business partners, project team members, other IT colleagues, and external vendors to ensure clarity of the business problem, outcome and scope and ensures issues and risks are understood and resolved.
- Develops relationships through collaboration with all appropriate parties by demonstrating an advanced understanding of business strategies and objectives as they relate to their operating models, products, and distribution models.
- Has an awareness of external industry trends and key competitors and applies those capabilities while managing interactions between IT and business colleagues
- Responsible for building team alignment, encouraging team effort and successes, embracing continuous performance improvement through coaching, modeling the way, and developing followership through his/her daily interactions with the team.
- May participate in developing strategic partnerships with Vendors and executing negotiations and contracting in partnership with HSSO and PMO.
- At a project level, maintains strategic vendor relationships
- Accountable for the onboarding, assignment and achievement of service levels for Vendor Resources on the project and the integrated project planning
- Manage the vendor outcome through active collaboration and feedback with Program Management and
- Vendor Management Best Practices
- Solicits and applies standards and best practices as defined by the project management Center of Excellence (Coe) and the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Accountable for innovation and continuous improvement
- Responsible for applying best practices associated with risk management at a project level
- May contribute to advancing and championing best practices
qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Three to Five years' experience leading IT projects focused on insurance product and business operations/processes preferred.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience with a focus on Security/Audit or Data Center preferred.
- Experienced in leading project teams. Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability delivering highly complex projects on time, on budget and with expected scope at a high level of quality
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication capabilities required
- Proven track record for establishing collaborative partnerships with their business counterparts and coworkers,
- Proven leadership, initiative and strong partnership building required
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Ability to understand "the big picture" and to apply advanced knowledge of project management methodology, best practices, tools and processes
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Skilled in the use of Jira and Jira Portfolio
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- CSM, PMP or other Project management certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.