Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the work request queue, ensuring that requests are appropriately triaged, assigned, and completed.
- Provide support as needed to BI developers, including both technical support and administrative support.
- Manage the production promotion process.
- Coordinate report modifications related to Epic upgrades.
- Coordinate fulfillment of reporting needs related to Epic rollout to new partner hospitals or implementation of new Epic modules.
- Drive improvements to tools and processes.
- Carry out various administrative tasks and perform miscellaneous duties (meetings, e-mails, etc.) as required.
Position works with clinical, revenue cycle and financial reporting stakeholders, peer ISD Team Leads, ISD Business Intelligence Developers (BI Ds), ISD Cogito Business Analysts (CBAs) and ISD Application Reporting Leads (ARLs), to clarify and translate analytic needs of reporting consumers, including: content and specification design, scope, prioritization, identification of appropriate reporting solutions, assignment and management of report and dashboard build assignments across BI Ds, CBAs and ARLs.
Position works under the direction of ISD Enterprise Data Analytics (EDA) BI Development Services (BIDS) Project Director and in collaboration with Analytics and Data Advisory Committee (ADAC) workgroups, eRecord training team, eRecord integrated security team and eRecord application teams.
Conforms to established guidelines, standards, and conventions for request tracking and status, report specification design, dashboard design and documentation. Position requires successfully achieving and maintaining Epic certifications in Cogito Fundamentals, Cogito Tools Administration and Cogito Project Manager.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate and Manage Reporting Intake Processes
- Work across teams to meet end user data needs through governing standards and processes
- Work with peer team leads, project managers and reporting tool administrators to assign and monitor reporting and analytic service requests and analytic project requests
- Work with team leads, project managers, application team members and business intelligence developers to identify appropriate solutions and resources for a variety of end user reporting needs
- Work with reporting subject matter experts and application team members to identify, document and translate needs of analytics consumers
- Work Request Management
- Monitor the request queue daily, watching for requests that are urgent and/or small enough to be under the ADAC threshold, and ensure that the associated tasks are assigned in a timely manner.
- Participate in the weekly request intake process, helping to ensure that requests are properly categorized and estimated.
- Ensure that, when ADAC request prioritization is available, high priority requests are assigned appropriately.
- Assist developers in managing requests that are stalled in "Waiting for Information" or "User Validation" status.
- Ensure developers' workloads remain balanced between major initiatives and day-to-day requests, without any one developer becoming overloaded.
- BI Developer Supervision and Support
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with each BI developer. Request updates on open tickets, solicit feedback, and provide guidance where warranted.
- Conduct a weekly team meeting.
- Provide technical guidance as needed.
- Provide process guidance as needed.
- Assist as needed in day-to-day customer support activities (i.e. On Call).
- Production Promotion Management
- Monitor the MCSR ticket queue daily. Ensure that all low/low tickets are approved prior to CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Ensure that we have representation at the CAB meetings.
- Review production promotion (MCSR) requests to ensure that they have been created correctly.
- Review reports and SQL for adherence to standards.
- Promote reports to production.
- Coordinate with other groups when multiple pieces of a production promotion must go at the same time.
- Epic Upgrade Coordination
- Ensure that all Epic Nova Notes associated with the upgrade are reviewed by the deadline set by the ISD upgrade coordinator.
- Assign resulting build tasks, and ensure that changes necessitated by the upgrade are completed before go-live.
- New Epic Implementations
- Participate as early as is feasible in Epic implementations at new hospitals.
- Assign developers as needed in the implementation of new Epic modules.
- In both of the above scenarios, participate in gathering requirements, creating tasks, and assigning work so that reports are available when needed.
- Coordinate training with the appropriate people or groups, and provide training where there are gaps in what trainers can provide.
- Tool & Process Improvement
- Support and participate in the implementation of new tools and processes.
- Look for and help implement process improvements.
- Recommend improvements to our toolset as appropriate.
- Administrative Tasks / Miscellaneous
- Write and conduct BI developers' annual reviews.
- Monitor each developer's Epic training status. Provide support on the administrative requirements (travel requests, expense reports, etc.)
- Monitor developers' vacation and other out-of-office requests, and complete HRMS time approvals on time each month.
- Attend management-level meetings as required.
- Check e-mail frequently, and respond to inquiries from customers and other ISD groups in a timely manner. Escalate requests and issues as warranted.
- If developer positions become open, drive the candidate search, interviewing, and onboarding efforts.
- 5 direct reports
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL Server features and SQL coding required.
- Experience with reporting software such as Crystal Reports preferred.
- Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI preferred.
- Experience in project management software preferred, such as Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence.
- Experience with Epic reporting framework preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Analytics, Business, Information, Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Familiarity with business operations
- Familiarity with end user workflows
- Experience with Epic reporting tools
- Experience with Epic Foundation System reports and related application(s)
- Experience working in healthcare sector
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, written and oral
- Leads meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Experience with enterprise data governance programs and infrastructure
- Project management knowledge
- Must have reliable/efficient transportation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.