Sr. Systems Analyst
Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Systems Analyst for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity located in Rancho Cordova, CA or Reston, VA.
location: Rancho Cordova, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
The Sr. Systems Analyst - Software Engineering position is responsible for leading the systems analysis teams for systems implementation and software development projects. This position will work with the business to provide business requirement solutions using company requirements development practices. The Sr. Systems Analyst will also develop, review and manage requirements, create user stories or use cases, write and execute test cases, and provide support for system stakeholders.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience required for the job:
- A high level of mathematical ability or math logic understanding.
- Basic understanding of programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle.
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data.
- Problem-solving skills.
- A methodical and logical approach.
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- At least 7 years of software development life cycle direct experience. (Waterfall, Agile)
- At least 7 years of Systems Analysis activities.
- Data Analysis, Data Mapping, SQL
- Extensive experience with SDLC, requirements management, diagramming or wireframe tools (i.e. Visio, Balsamiq, rational suite, JIRA, TFS, ALM)
- Experience with XSD/XML, ERD applications
- Experience with Business Process Flow utilities
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision required
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering)
- Ability to perform comfortably
- High degree of confidence and ability to influence others through strong communication skills
- Approximately 25% travel (Customer Site - East Lansing, MI)
skills: Knowledge/Skills/Experience preferred for the job:
- Understanding the Health and Human services industry
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Requirements Development experience in a CMMI accredited environment
- Requirement Engineering or Business Analysis certifications (CPRE, CBAP...) (desired)
- Six Sigma (desired)
- Change Management
- Project Management (desired)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.