My direct client is an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we've been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women's health.
The SCM Engineer will assist in the management and planning of the SCM process, software configuration identification, software configuration control, software configuration status accounting, software configuration auditing, and software release management and delivery.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Application Maintenance (i.e., software version control, defect tracking, project management, and automated continuous integration and improvement applications)
o Upgrade and validate new versions of the application software and process.
o Respond to user requests and gain consensus on changes prior to implementation.
o Support network security policy and LDAP authentication systems.
o Manage user accounts and licensing.
o Prepare and release validation documentation for changes to the applications.
o Scripting skills.
System Administration (Linux and Windows)
o Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve OS or VM resource issues.
o Develop diagnostic monitoring tools for the environment.
o Work with IS on VM and virtual environment related issues.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- B.S. in a technical field.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills.
- A strong understanding of networks and virtual systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, willing to prepare and maintain documentation.
skills: Ideal Candidates
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Technologies.
- 2 years' experience.
- Experience with Git/GitHub, TeamCity, and JIRA.
- Experience with Linux and Windows OS is a must.
- Experience with virtual development environments.
- Experience with .NET Frameworks.
- Experience with network management.
- Experience with database architecture.
- Experience with Python and Bash.
- An understanding of the software development life cycle.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.