PC Provisioning Technician
The incumbent will be responsible for the inventory scanning, recording and reporting of PC equipment in three physical locations, repair parts located in two physical locations and provisioning of PCs to Client staff. The Inventory and Provisioning technician conducts analysis and report on progress, as well as trends of all areas covered under PC provisioning focusing on incoming and outgoing inventory of PC equipment. Additionally, he/she will be expected to create documentation in the form of Standard Operating Procedures for use by additional team members.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $16.55 - 17.17 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Essential Job Functions:
- Scan and record all incoming deliveries of PC equipment in three physical locations.
- Update inventory of incoming deliveries into asset management database in ServiceNow tool
- Create and report on weekly incoming and outgoing inventory of PC equipment
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure to accomplish all inventory tasks as described above.
- Install and configure PCs for Client staff within mandated SLA.
- Monitor, manage, track, and report on Incident and Request queues, while following up with the team and other support groups to ensure issues are being resolved.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Client relationship management is critical
- Achieve 99% or higher accuracy in inventory reporting within 2 weeks of start date.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical or non-technical field.
- Role Specific Experience: 2+ years of experience relevant duties and accountabilities of the position
- 2+years of inventory recording and reporting for an asset base of 5000 records or more.
- Microsoft technologies, PC technologies, Database skills
skills: Required Skills/Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS and its functions
- Proven expertise in Windows 10, MAC OS, Chrome OS
- Expert level resource for life cycle maintenance of PC environment, including imaging, configuration, administration, asset management, troubleshooting, patching, documentation, delivery, and implementation of hardware and software upgrades
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of desktop, laptop, tablet (Dell, Lenovo, HP, Apple, Google)
- Excellent follow-up and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to exhibit pleasant, professional, and courteous workplace etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills: organized, efficient, and versatile
- Strong customer service approach to dealing with people at all levels internal and external
- Ability to explain IT concepts to non-IT staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of learning quickly from on-the-job training
- Self-reliant, resourceful, self-motivated and detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.