Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Desktop Support Specialist to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Santa Clara, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18.16 - 20.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Frontline technical support and guidance in planning, implementation and ongoing operations of LAN's and WAN's,and implementation of end user computing applications and devices for the company's Medical groups and business partners and employees. In general employees are responsible for responding to tickets (inquires or requests for services related to desktop hardware) originating from the National Service Desk. For requests that cannot be serviced over the phone, tickets are generated electronically and distributed via network queue to the relevant location or business line to be resolved by Desktop employees:
1) Incident tickets: all secondary break/fix requests for electronic desktop equipment
2) Add/Move/change tickets: moving and installing new personal computers and/or ordering and replacing equipment for assigned areas (e.g. building/installing computers for a new office.) Each level includes the skills and duties from the previous level.
- Workstation Support / Desktop Support (Tier Level 2 or 3).
- Hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors.
- Knowledge of systems software to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Practical problem solving skills and solid trouble shooting skills a must.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Possess excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment .
- Ability to install/deploy Windows based computers.
- Must be self motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to train end users.
- Minimum number of years of experience required 2 years in the desk top support Wins 10 (1 year experience)
- Take Client Calls from the Production Floor
- Open Remedy Tickets Incident and Work Orders
- Preventive maintenance PC's Monitors Keyboards Mice
- Tech Refresh build new computers
- Accepts trouble reports including such activities as: handling system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service to computer users.
- May direct and distribute work each day by checking queue of tickets and assigning the incidents and/or moves/changes to the relevant Team members. Coordinates Moves, Adds, and Changes to support complex LAN&WAN networks, including configuration, training, installation, maintenance, support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
- Maintains and secures inventory of all hardware and software.
- Supervision Given and Received: Is competent in most phases of end user computing applications to work on own. Typically works under the general direction of the team lead and/or supervision of Manager.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Analyzes problems and takes corrective action.
- Customer Service Skills: Demonstrates professional behavior with all customers at all times. Develops a clear understanding of the customer's needs seeking information through clarifying questions. Maintains clear communications with customers regarding expectations and time frames. Follows up with customers after a problem has been resolved to inform them of any action taken. Sensitive to customer's frustration and responds professionally.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience, in end user computing and PC/Workstation based LAN applications.
- Education - High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Some technical consulting experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or IS Or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications or training and/or A+ preferred.
- Windows 10
- Desk Top Support Help Desk Skills Troubling Shooting
- Knowledge of mobile devices.
- Current and recent Windows and , Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite of products. Excellent customer service skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.