Application System Engineer
Looking for an Application System Engineer to perform MapR administrative Support Engineering role and work in a fast-paced agile development environment to act as a client facing lead engineer for MapR technologies to support Risk and Finance implementation needs. This Big data team currently develops all the big data applications using MapR Hadoop platform.
location: Summit, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $50.31 - 53.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The job responsibilities for the job include but are not limited to:
- Hands on Hadoop administration and implementation, provide senior SME knowledge/support to members of the team
- Engage and lead solution architecture discussion to direct clients' needs based on previously future product roadmap
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Act as solution designer to recommend best implementation to users' needs
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Client facing roles, Support overall systems testing, implementation and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Function as a key resource to liaison and represent IDS organization(technically) to Risk and Finance Clients
- Maintain and support existing Data Control Tool (Talend Based ETL) component for data ingestion questions.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Loading from disparate data sets.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Be able to function as a good generalist to propose technical solution to Risk and Finance client needs
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years in Hadoop solution development
- 7+ years in Java development
- 2+ years in Spark
- 5+ years in development on Linux environment
- 3+ years of Teradata experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience/ETL Tooling
- 3+ years of Talend/ETL Experience.
skills: - Client Focus, Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experiences in build and deployment tools; GitHub, Jenkins, uDeploy
- Strong presentation and reporting skills required to convey current state, challenges, needs and wins to garner support for ongoing adhoc and scheduled initiatives.
Job location can sit in Summit, NJ or Charlotte, NC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.