job summary: Our client is currently seeking a User Experience Specialist for a permanent opportunity located in Sacramento, CA.
Our current requirement is mostly about User Experience architecture and related skills and less about user interface or front-end development/design.
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Our client is seeking a qualified UX Specialist to cover all the UX areas from User Research, Requirements Gathering, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability testing. We're looking for someone who asks a lot of questions, wants to create experience rather than interfaces, thoroughly understands user-centric design, and has a good background and experience developing enterprise platforms.
- Elicit & document user requirements, and analyze business needs.
- Design wireframes, mock-ups, business process workflows and user interfaces to meet strategic objectives and performance/optimization criteria.
- Develop & optimize information architecture to promote usability.
- Prioritize roadmap items and product feature requests for UX domain.
- Support product development strategy and direction.
- Craft communication around information flow, features, look and feel.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human computer interaction or a related field.
- 5+ years of UX experience, working with product management & software development for digital products, preferably enterprise level web applications.
- Expertise in design thinking, conceptualization, user research, customer journeys, personas, prototyping, visual design, communication, and managing UX projects.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams from different backgrounds and geographic locations, working on digital products and platforms.
- Can facilitate ideation of new solutions/products/services in partnership with a diverse team of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of best practices, design patterns, front end and backend, optimization and performance analysis.
- Expert knowledge of UX tools (e.g. Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Sketch).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with both tech/non-technical audiences.
- Highly creative & inquisitive, problem solver.
- Proficiency with office software, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Experience working with governmental agencies.
- Proficient in French.
At the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, the Architect may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes. Locations
This is a full-time salary position that may be located in Sacramento, California (Head office), or Québec City, Québec (Satellite office).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.