job summary: Technical Customer Support Representative (Bilingual English & Spanish)
Norcross, GA Position Mission:
Answers technical calls from customers regarding company software, hardware, and network issues. Receives call, finds resolution, and documents calls as received. Position Performance Measures:
- Number of calls per hour.
- Percentage of escalated calls.
- Not-ready percentage.
- Ability to meet call quality requirements.
- Length of call.
location: Norcross, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $21.48 - 24.82 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Answers inbound technical questions from customers and gains understanding of each situation. Troubleshoots issues to find solution and partners with customer to solve issue together. Confirms that solution worked properly before ending call. Escalates technical system situations to appropriate agents as required.
- Ensures positive customer experience by de-escalating customer issues and concerns. Instructs customers on proper usage of the software and hardware. Acts as customer advocate in addressing concerns and resolving issues. Instills confidence in the customers that concern will be addressed properly and with urgency.
- Ensures prompt and accurate resolution of customer incidents with a high degree of ownership. Reports network events upon occurrence to leadership. Escalates phone call if unable to resolve issue until problem is resolved to the caller's satisfaction. Notifies appropriate leadership of customer escalations and dissatisfaction in timely manner.
- Follows ticket management policy as documented including, entering required information into system, selecting the right urgency level, and ensuring the proper team members are including in communications.
- Follows call management policy as documented including resolving calls timely and accurately, following up with cases as appropriate, and working with management when needed.
- Follows the established attendance and schedule policy.
- Follows the established quality assurance guidelines and expectations to deliver stellar customer service including: first call resolution and total case ownership.
- Assists with PC deployments including ordering hardware, network imagine, setting up user profiles, etc. Assists users with maintenance such as: password resets, network connectivity, hardware and software issues, etc.
- Works with team members to develop, approve, validate, and maintain problem resolution databases by making entries to improve process.
- Interprets, analyzes, diagnoses, documents, and resolves customer service problems related to internal supported hardware, software, LANs and WANs with the objective of closing calls.
- Researches support issues when resolutions are not readily attainable by checking available resources including, but not limited to: the incident/problem tracking system, internal websites, software manuals, and other team members.
- Using the incident/problem tracking system, accurately documents all incoming calls, keeps tickets and customers updated on their issues / requests, and documents all call resolutions.
- Keeps support team and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner.
- Works to consistently improve call handling and resolution processes by following quality assurance guidelines and expectations to deliver stellar customer service including: first call resolution and total case ownership.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
qualifications: Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 4 years of experience in a help desk/call center.
- 1 year of experience with incident and problem tracking service management software.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years of experience supporting Point of Sale (POS) hardware and software
- HDI certified preferred(customer service, support center analyst, or desktop support technician).
- ITIL Foundations certified (preferred)
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications required, experience with O365 is a plus.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems primarily Windows 7. Windows 8 and Windows 10 is a plus.
- Experience with SQL commands and database manipulation.
- Experience with automated call distributor phone systems.
- Experience with knowledge centered support (KCS) principles.
- Familiarity with Linux Systems a plus.
- Experience with mobile devices and mobile email.
- Experience with troubleshooting network related issues (client connectivity).
- Strong customer focus and orientation.
- In addition to having a high sense of self-motivation, this individual must display superior telephone, root cause analysis, and issue resolution skills.
- The ability to listen, isolate the issue, research, resolve (or escalate), and follow-up is essential for this position.
- Candidates for this position should be familiar with problem ticketing software and processes.
- Proven soft skills including strong courtesy and conflict management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to translate technical information to all level of users.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Proven team player.
- Work is performed in a call center environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.