One of our Taylor clients is looking to add an Oracle DBA to their growing team.
location: Taylor, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
In this role, you will support and deliver Oracle databases and related technologies as needed for various project efforts. Install and upgrade Oracle version 12c, and 11g databases, implement Golden Gate replication streams, perform database and query performance tuning. Develop plans for database upgrades and for migrating applications to new database environments. Implement Data Guard, Golden Gate, install patches, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot production and non-production Oracle databases as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate clearly and effectively using written and verbal communication methods.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with personnel in other Business groups.
- Coordinate closely with Staff DBAs for project planning and implementation.
- Perform database monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Oracle Data Guard configuration and management.
- Implement and resolve RMAN back-up and recovery processes.
- Apply Patches and Upgrades to Oracle 11g and 12c installations.
- Manage database user accounts and passwords.
- Adhere to Corporate Compliance standards.
- Manage Oracle ASM environments.
- Manage and maintain databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Develop automated solutions to everyday tasks using BASH/SHELL/SQL/PLSQL scripts.
- Install and maintain database products including patching and upgrading of environments.
- Coordinate with software vendor technical support.
- Coordinate and implements changes to development, test, and production environments.
- Knowledge of Oracle ZDLRA Backup Appliances, and/or Oracle Identity Management Suite is a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- B.S. in Management Information Systems or Computer Science (4 year degree). An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
- 4+ years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible information technology work experience with various database management systems in database design, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
- 4+ years in Oracle Data Guard.
- 4+ years in Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- 4+ years of a strong basic technical background based in Information Technology (IT) organizations.
- 4+ years in Oracle Relational Database Management.
- 2+ years with multi-terabyte databases and associated structures.
- 2+ years direct, hands-on experience with SQL/PLSQL and Unix scripting.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in UNIX environments. AIX preferred.
- Familiarity with NERC CIP, SSAE16, and/or SOC compliance standards is a plus.
- Must be willing to share knowledge freely and teach skills and concepts to others.
- Must be curious and willing to learn.
skills: Oracle 12c and 11g, Golden Gate 12, Oracle Enterprise Manager/Cloud Control 13c, RMAN, Data Guard, ASM, Teamwork, Curiosity, and Communication.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.