Our client, a global Financial Services company in NY is hiring a Project Manager to support the Operations team for one of their lines. The team has a number of exciting, transformational, and strategic initiatives related to company's operational workflow, applications/systems, and product development that will require detailed project management and oversight to ensure their success. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and coordinating all stages of his/ her project portfolio. The right individual will be execution-oriented, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with the Operations Senior Team, Information Technology Development Teams, Business Stakeholders, and other senior managers in the organization.
- Managing the outcomes of deliverables and the day to day execution of activities within different workstreams, ensuring the follow up of the defined project framework by leading teams of SMEs / IT professionals to define and deliver technology solutions based on business goals
- Develop and monitor project plans against clear milestones and report statuses to PMO, sponsors or stakeholders weekly
- Accountable for the identification, management and reporting of project risks and issues along with mitigation and/or workarounds. Escalating risks and issues, with issues to the PMO office and project sponsors when outside of agreed tolerances
- Responsible for delivery of all key milestones, to accepted levels and in line with forecasted indicators
- Develop an effective relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to identify deliverables' dependencies and challenges
- Tracking performance against objectives and ability to develop corrective strategies when objectives are not being met.
- Resolving conflicting priorities in scope, schedule and cost for projects
- Managing the efforts of multiple project teams concurrently
- Ability to deliver presentations to senior-level management, if required
- 5+ years relevant experience ideally focused on financial services.
- Experience with technology projects within complex, multi-faceted system environments
- Ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines
- Capable of defining project milestones even when not provided
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional team discussions
- Knowledge of methodologies (e.g. Agile, specifically Sprint and Scrum Master) and project management frameworks (e.g. PMI, PRINCE)
skills: Knowledge and experience in project management responsibilities, use/ creation of project artefacts for,
- Status reporting
- Risk management in collaboration with SME's
- Change management
- Tracking and allocating estimates and budget
- Communicating with project stakeholders, scrum masters and product owners
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.