DevOps (Linux, AWS, Rel Mgmt) I (1-3 years)
- This role will be responsible for building the SRE team and support for operation and product teams in the digital Transformation project including Cloud solution, Automation and monitoring systems.
- This position requires a high level of aptitude and understanding of new technology so that initiatives can be delivered on time. This role will have direct contact with multiple Digital Transformation product teams and spend 20-50% of the time assisting them.
location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Leading infrastructure and automation efforts for Digital Transformation.
- Define infrastructure and system needs for DT role for SRE using best practices
- Build automation using configuration management tools to seamlessly scale projects
- Design and implement monitoring solutions for projects via automation
- Collaborate with product teams for items related to SRE
- Own the reporting and accountability of all eCommerce performance metrics
- Build and enhance scalable application infrastructure focused on delivering world-class eCommerce capabilities
- Define and deliver global application roadmaps and technology platforms
- Manage the development and deployment of all release management features for the online systems
- Maintain log centralization of numerous applications using Splunk
- Bachelor or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- 3+ year of Coding in Python or Ruby
- 2+ year Experience/ Exposure in AWS technology
- 3+ years' experience in business process and/or technology implementation
- Configuration management tools for automation using tools like Chef, Puppet, and/or Ansible
- Proven experience on scaling cloud-based application with main focus on automation
- 2+ years' experience at a Lead level or above delivering Web Capabilities preferably in an eCommerce environment
- Current knowledge of evolution of tools to drive continuous integration, continuous delivery, release automation
- Firm understanding of online applications and performance monitors such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Rigor, and Quantum
- Python or Ruby Coding: 3 years (Preferred)
- AWS Technology: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business Process/Technology Implementation: 3 years (Preferred)
- IT Systems: 4 years (Preferred)
skills: - 2+ years of hands-on IP router/switch/customer premises equipment experience.
- Aptitude and experience with Python programming the network versus configuring networks.
- CCNA/CCNP certified or equivalent on-the-job experience
- Solid understanding of IP routing and switching (OSPF and BGP)
- Broad knowledge of Ciena, Cisco and Juniper configurations is a plus
- Solid understanding of IPv4, IPv6, Multicast and QOS
- Knowledge of Ethernet/MPLS/ISDN, etc.
- Aptitude and experience with programming the network versus configuring networks.
- Extremely organized individual with the ability to manage multiple project, lead and/or participate on multiple project teams
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.