job summary: Summary:
- This position requires a highly motivated individual to contribute to and be part of a proactive and client focused GWMT Test Region support team. The candidate must supporting large complex financial applications in many environments. Individual must have At least 5 Years of Mainframe application support experience with excellent analytic and problem-solving skills to utilize in these support areas. This role will require individual to support the construction of a Test Batch environment for Agile Testing; as well as, the ability to interact with key areas at the Data center like Scheduling and Endevor and SWAT and Systems Assurance.
- This person will be primary interface between development leads, testing leads and Mainframe Data issues.
- Candidate must be able to understand System scheduling using OPC in order to research and develop new Programs and Procs that will be used to develop a mainframe batch cycle. This will involve the cloning of many Procs, JCLs, CNTL Cards as well as standard dataset changes to all jobs to match test region.
location: Pennington, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 52 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Proactively involved in build and support of new test environment and ensure all mainframe infrastructure is stable
- Communicate any risk or concerns to Team manager and appropriate application lead
- Candidate will ensure that all incoming requests of test region issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure daily basis that new environment is running within SLA and resolve any batch issues that are impacting the ability for testers to test
- Coordinate with Offshore team resources to provide 24X7 coverage for this new non production environment
- Proactively provide clear communication on environment outage and impact to development and test community
- Ensure all issues are resolved in timely manner within SLA and provide weekly statistics
- Monitor Test Region Support Jobs and processes and perform periodic validation of core functions
- Generate methods to improve and automate mainframe test region tasks
- The candidate must be proficient in researching and fixing Batch Abends
- Create and maintain a list of all Files and Tables that will need to be loaded with sanitized data for batch consumption
qualifications: Qualifications / Skills
- Detail-oriented, results- and quality-driven, effective communicator
- Demonstrates effective cross-organizational management, able to support Business , Testing, and Application teams requirements
- Can analyze problems, determine root cause, define options, and provide solutions
- Demonstrates effective prioritization and organizational skills with attention to detail, delivery schedule and work product quality
- Works within established project management methodology and framework
- Effectively manages relationship and communications with business customers, senior management, partners, and clients
- Possesses a minimum of ten (5) years technology experience with COBOL II, VSAM, CICS, and DB2
- Experience with JCL and utilities like REXX and SORT and BMC
- Must possess exceptional organizational, written & verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment with minimal supervision and major responsibility.
- BS in Computer Science or work related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.