Sr. Cloud Engineer
A client of ours in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer for a permanent opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provides support for cloud systems. Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Nurture Cloud computing expertise within the SWBC Enterprise to drive Cloud Adoption.
- Collaborate with Business and Technology organizations to understand product offerings and provide innovative technology recommendations and solutions.
- Designs and delivers scalable infrastructure and platforms for innovative cloud solutions and services that incorporate infrastructure-as-code automation technologies such as Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Develops sizing models for leveraging Cloud computing services.
- Validate and test security, performance, scalability, and resiliency of systems to ensure they meet corporate standards, security requirements.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design and architecture design for Cloud computing.
- Remain current with technology trends and new technologies, as they are made available.
- Propose latest technology usage and integration standards.
- Research, test and engineer new technology offerings.
- Prepare and present innovation project status and recommendations to Business and IT partners.
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a Cloud Engineer focusing on DevOps principles and best practices to include lift-and-shift migration and transformation experience.
- Must have relevant cloud industry certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
- Must have strong knowledge of cloud technologies including infrastructure components (i.e. compute, storage, network, data, virtualization, containers, optimization, services and applications) available from AWS and Azure preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of network configurations in a multi-hybrid cloud environment including an understanding of subnets, route tables, gateways, security groups, ACLs and segmentation.
- Must have strong knowledge of Linux-based operating systems like Amazon, RedHat/CentOS, or Debian/Ubuntu.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and integration with cloud resources, as well as knowledge of cloud database technologies.
- Must understand and be able to articulate the technical merits and value of cloud computing.
- Must have experience with APIs, orchestration and cloud automation such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Packer.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Information Systems.
- Must have strong working knowledge with strategic planning processes, especially in translating business needs to IT solutions.
- Must have proficiency in fundamentals of programming. Specific experience in Python, PowerShell, .NET, Java, and NodeJS preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio or equivalent commercial diagramming applications.
- Must have strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Must have solid troubleshooting ability, including strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good business judgment, a comfortable and open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- MUST HAVE: exceptional communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.