Sr. Application Support Specialist
The person in this position will report to the IT Ordering/eCommerce department's operational support team, spending a large portion of time working directly with the enterprise operations teams on a schedule outside of standard business hours. As a front-line responder in a constantly changing ecosystem, this support team member is responsible for working with customer's internal and external resources to quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues effecting the stability of a platform responsible for generating millions of sales, through multiple channels, for a Fortune 100 company. We are an organization that prides ourselves on meeting a goal of near 0% unplanned downtime, therefore, it is critical this individual possesses a proactive, assertive personality, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), a great eye for detail, and the ability to perform a root cause analysis in a highly complex environment. As part of a lean operating team, resilience and adaptiveness are "must have" characteristics in this team player.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
As an integral part of the support team and an advocate of quality performance, some of the key responsibilities of Application Support Specialist include:
- Quickly responds to incident alerts and support calls. Identifies, and coordinates with, teams critical to the event's resolution, sets up bridge calls, and escalates when necessary.
- Proactively monitors highly available applications/systems. Interprets and disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including support teams and internal leadership.
- Performs key tasks to hot-fix and enhancement deployments to production and non-production environments.
- Executes automated and manual smoke tests following maintenance and outage recovery periods.
- Self-educates on new systems, applications, and tools, and requests guidance and training proactively, as needed, to ensure optimum job performance.
- Assists in elevating the performance of other support team members.
The ideal applicant will clearly possess the following experience, characteristics, and competencies:
- 3 - 5 years experience in an application support related role.
- 3 - 5 years experience with one or more of our key technologies - Akamai, Oracle Web Commerce (ATG), and Akamai is strongly preferred.
skills: The ideal applicant will clearly possess the following experience, characteristics, and competencies:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non-technical details.
- Expertise with deep dive problem analysis using logging, ITOA, and APM products such as Splunk or AppDynamics.
- Proficient with a wide array of data mining and messaging tools and techniques.
- Experience using source control and deployment tools, such as Automic, Jenkins, Git, and/or Puppet is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.