Reporting to the Director for Administrative Technology Services, the Application Systems Analyst II is responsible for the use of enterprise administrative applications at support the institution's strategic goals and business customer needs. This support includes maintaining applications by working closely with business users to make sure they are taking full advantage of all the features and functions of the enterprise applications and applying best practices to business process definitions being implemented. This also includes monitoring integrations, providing alerts to applications issues, and managing patch processes and release updates. This position will work collaboratively to assist in all phases of the SDLC on a team that provides ongoing operational development and change management support.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide appropriate analysis in partnership with business users and stakeholders related to process changes to assess impact and recommend options.
- Monitor decisions around production changes.
- Facilitate process redesign across departments and business processes.
- Proactively engage business users to analyze system issues and implement process improvement.
- Provide information related to functionality changes, know issues or other application-related enhancements.
- Support communication protocols for application updates, issues, and change management.
- Represent Administrative Technology Services on committees and groups focused on the use of enterprise applications.
- Partner with technology peers in the service management of other administrative services and the intersecting touchpoints of the systems.
- Serve as an initial escalation point for enterprise administrative systems support issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
qualifications: MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in business systems, computer science, information technology, or related field.
- 5-7 years hands on experience supporting SaaS and on-prem enterprise applications including service management, development, and oversight of issues prioritization and their resolutions.
- Minimum 3 years experience analyzing, designing, and implementing technical requirements to deliver administrative application functionality.
- Ability to learn and understand current and future user requirements as well as prioritize, articulate, and present them to the customer and the technology team.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technology requirements that leverage the existing technology stack.
- Experience with SaaS solutions such as SFDC or Workday.
- Understanding of applications, tools, methodologies, as well as a broad background in a variety of enterprise applications.
- Understanding of release management.
- Knowledge of database systems.
- Knowledge of integration platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with modern project management tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management best practices (e.g. ITIL).
- Higher Education experience preferred.
skills: SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Self-motivated and highly engaged.
- Ability to work in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats with both technical and business users.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize, and escalate while delivering results on time.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with clients in a wide range of roles, across the institution.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.