Technology Implementation Lead
Detailed Description of Services:
The HASTUS Daily Module Implementation Lead will be responsible for the day-to-day planning and management of the HASTUS Daily system and software implementation and deployment for the client (operators) and (bus and rail) Non-Revenue populations. Lead responsibilities are part of the overall HASTUS software implementation program currently being performed by the client Workforce Modernization Program (WMP). This position will perform the following activities and examples, as well as other related tasks as the needs arise.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the implementation plan for the HASTUS Daily module for the Rail and Non-Revenue populations
- Direct WMP team and other client resources in the completion of system and security configuration
- Collaborate with other client stakeholder groups for the completion of integration updates
- Support the testing and troubleshooting efforts for the HASTUS Daily module
- Direct WMP team and other client resources in the deployment to production of the HASTUS Daily module for the Rail and Non-Revenue populations
- Collaborate with client stakeholders (Operations, Labor Relations, Payroll, etc.) for the understanding and interpretation of business requirements and union policy against system functionality
- Maintain the master Requirements Matrix for the HASTUS Daily module for the Rail and Non-Revenue populations
- Support end users with troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Act as liaison between areas and project teams to work through issues.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor, or coworker, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Work any and all shifts and / or locations as assigned or directed. This may include shifts starting early morning, finishing late afternoon, weekend shifts, and/or involving traveling by train or vehicle to various locations in the Boston area.
- Uphold the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining effective relationships with employees.
- Report on implementation status to the overall Project Manager as well as the client Director of Workforce Modernization as needed
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned and report on status.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution in business, computer science, information science, project management, engineering, planning, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in Custom off the Shelf (COTS) software implementation activities
- Excellent organizational, confidentiality, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Proficiency is required in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Visio experience is preferred.
skills: - Have excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to provide internal and external customers with a courteous and professional experience.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Experience in bus and / or subway transit operations preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.