Senior Systems Administrator
- Practical knowledge to assist with client's network and infrastructure.
- Supports, architects, installs, configures and maintains servers and server applications.
- Responsible for client email products such as exchange & mailman among others.
- Uses scripting languages (DCL,PERL) in maintenance, monitoring and diagnostics of servers.
- Supports daily/nightly Operations in the resolution/prevention of problems.
- Solves non-routine problems and finds innovative ways to streamline processes.
- Monitors and maintains data resources to ensure proper performance, integrity and capacity.
- Identifies system problems / assists in repair and tuning efforts to restore proper operation.
- Maintains software at current version and service pack levels.
- Monitors CERT and other security sites for required patches.
- Interacts with vendors to identify software problems. Monitors the progress of assistance through resolution. Communicates status to internal customers.
- Reviews/administers user add/change/delete process across all OS platforms.
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Complete all required Bank Secrecy Act related training annually and maintain knowledge of current BSA policies, specifically those related to cash handling (CTR filing) and identifying and reporting possible suspicious activity.
- Assists all areas as necessary or required by IS Manager.
- Provides phone support for network and server related issues.
- Interacts with Business Development Team to provide technical analysis and implementation solutions for projects.
- Provides weekend and after hours coverage for all systems on an 'as-needed' basis.
skills: Education and Experience Requirements
WINDOWS, LINUX, UNIX, AIX, DB2, IIS, ACTIVE DIRECTORY, LDAP, IMAP, POP, SAN Storage, Enterprise Backups, VMWare, M/S Office suite. Excellent communications skills with a strong customer service orientation. Background in computer and network operations required. MS Certifications a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.