We are seeking an experienced, world-class, hands-on technical manager to lead the Network Engineering team that supports the backbone of Two Sigma. On this team, you will face a wide array of technical challenges that greatly impact our business. As Two Sigma continues to grow, there is a need for continued evolution of our network to meet business demands.
This team works closely knit with their Network Architecture and Network Provisioning counterparts. The Network Engineering team is responsible for design evolution, implementation and support of the Enterprise Network. In addition, this team handles implementation and support of Two Sigma's global Datacenters and Colocation facilities.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 300,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lead a team of Network Engineers with a focus on Enterprise and Network Security technologies.
- Maintain keen oversight of the performance, stability and operations of the global Corporate Network along with all other Enterprise and Network Security products.
- Evolve Two Sigma's Global Corporate Network and DMZ. Introduce new technologies and solutions to enable rapid business growth as well as mitigate Security threats.
- Ensure the broader Network Engineering organization is adhering to Security best practices and principles.
- Drive technical projects and take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex initiatives.
- 10 or more years in an active Network Engineering role with some of that time spent on large scale Corporate mission-critical Networks.
- Prior experience as a Manager for a small Engineering team.
- Ability to develop and retain engineers while acting in a technical lead capacity.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other infrastructure teams and developers across the firm.
- Strong resource and project management skills.
- Experience designing, implementing and operating large scale Corporate Networks, Enterprise DMZs and NAC Security products..
- Understanding of Enterprise authentication protocols (radius, dot1x, kerberos).
- Understanding of and experience with network virtualization technologies (MPLS, VRFs, VXLAN).
- Solid understanding of site to site and client side VPN technologies and protocols.
- Proficiency with Network flow collection and visibility tools that lend themselves to network monitoring and security function.
- Proficiency with network management and monitoring tools and the ability to build operational processes to leverage various NMS tools to ensure network reliability.
- Detailed knowledge of network (BGP,OSPF), transport (TCP,UDP) and application layer protocols (HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP).
- Understanding of local and global network load-balancing technologies.
- Understanding of and experience with corporate wireless deployments.
- CCIE, CISSP or similar industry certification.
- Exposure to DC micro-segmentation products (cisco aci, vmware nsx).
- An awareness of and opinions on enterprise SDN technologies (sdwan, Aruba mobility first, Cisco DNA).
- Experience with wan optimization platforms (riverbed...).
- Experience using enterprise search tools (ie., Splunk, Elk, Logstash)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.